0

You've got to know when to hold em'

Posted by Slowplum on 10/09/2006 08:35:00 PM
Thanksgiving was full of lots of turkey and potatoes and desserts and... well... poker.

Not at the inlaw's today though. At my parents' house last night. I cleaned my family out. My brother had no idea I was a card shark which made winning against him all the more fun.

SO had actually spotted me the 5 bucks to play. The interesting thing is, they don't usually let girls play poker so I was one of those genius ideas dad had to "mix things up, keep it interesting". So there I am, playing on borrowed money, and it ended up just being my brother and me playing it out for about an hour. I finally crushed him like a bug. He had no idea what to do, he was flabberghasted. So of course we went for round two, this time I spotted SO with some from my winnings. I cleaned up the second round as well, and turns out I went home 40 bucks richer. Woohoo!

Because you know. Nothing says Thanksgiving like gambling.

I love gmail because it lets me talk to my friend V who is all the way in the UK. For free. Thank you, internet. Thank you, gmail.

I'm too tired to discuss anything else - due to sleeping issues (no, not again, rather consider it "still"). Also I have the supermario music in my head - the boss monster music, mixed in with the music you get when you go down the tubes.

ba-da ba-da ba-da! ba-da ba-da ba-da!

Still no idea what to be for Halloween so I'll probably cop out and go as a pirate or something easy like that.

Ran into P at EB today who reiterated the need for a bunch of us to get together to play Risk. My October is filling up fast so we shall see.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.