0

You are that last drink I never should have drunk

Posted by Slowplum on 10/10/2006 05:52:00 PM
Almost time to take C to brownies tonight. For supper I made chicken balls and home-made sweet n sour sauce. It is hella easy and damn, son. So tasty. When I was pregnant with C I used to have weird food cravings and aversions. One of my favorites that I ate for most of the second trimester involved putting pickles, mayonnaise, and this home made sweet n sour sauce on toast. No joke, I ate that like the dickens. That and bologna sandwiches, which may not seem weird, but considering I absolutely hate most processed meats, it's weird for me.

Wow, that was a strange digression. What was I on about again? Oh, right. Supper. So yeah. chicken balls and pineapple rice and etc. JG came to pick SO up for work and had supper with us. He and ME are looking to move in together come the New Year. This is a big step but hardly surprising - they are pretty happy with each other and it's the next logical move.

Ugh, audit. Still going on this week but the auditor guy isn't so bad. By the time it's done he'll be sick of us though. We chirp the same greeting into the phone ten thousand times. Seriously.

As for the titles lately: I have been using snippets of tunes that are stuck in my head. A rather gauche version of that livejournal thing where you can post what you are currently listening to. Today's title is from a Pulp song, "Like a Friend". I love Pulp. I had this song stuck in my head all day. I don't typically post lyrics but with this one I cannot help myself. Here's the end bit:

You are that last drink I never should have drunk
You are the body hidden in the trunk
You are the habit I can't seem to kick
You are my secrets on the front page every week.
You are the car I never should have bought
You are the train I never should have caught
You are the cut that makes me hide my face
You are the party that makes me feel my age.

Like a car crash I can see but I just can't avoid
Like a plane I've been told I never should board
like a film that's so bad but
I got to stay 'til the end
Let me tell you now
it's lucky for you that we're friends.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.