0

Fly away sweet bird of prey

Posted by Slowplum on 10/11/2006 08:23:00 AM
So we rescued a pidgeon last night.

On the way to take C to brownies, there it was on the ground, all puffed up and scared but unable to fly away. K & C were pretty upset about it. I promised C that when we were finished dropping her off, K & I would take the pidgeon to the SPCA. We ran into Hammer & her daughter Z on their way to brownies as well, so Hammer K and I ended up performing operation: bird rescue.

I grabbed a bunch of paper towel from the church bathroom when I dropped C off and we picked up mister pidgeon who was docile as docile can be. Hammer bravely held onto the pidgeon as we drove to the SPCA. I would not find out until after the deed was done that she is indeed terrified of birds. She managed to end the adventure unscathed, and all was well. Then we went to the bank to make deposits and while I was waiting for her, Sir T pulled up so I spoke with him for a minute or two before we took off again.

K proclaimed an interest in going to Dollar Giant, and offered to lead the way for Hammer. (I really have to find a better name for Hammer, which I dubbed her as due to the title of her blog.) I ended up buying an air freshener due to the fact that my car now smelled like injured pidgeon, not something too terribly enticing I can assure you.

Then I came home and gabbed with ME for an hour or so, and then called it a night, good deed done and feeling sleepy.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.