0

no it's not going to stop till you wise up

Posted by Slowplum on 10/03/2006 09:38:00 PM
I have that Aimee Mann song stuck in my head.

So the audit is going well thus far. The auditor appreciated my taking the time to show him how we process certain aspects of things, he also appreciated my forebearance in answering his questions. He also liked that I tended to anticipate his questions and provide the answers beforehand. Here's hoping it was for the good. My boss was hella curious to see what he asked me about, so I told him, and he looked relieved at my answers, so hooray!

They have this co-appreciation system at work called "applause", which allows you to send words of thanks to your fellow employees for their efforts. The clever thing about this is, every single applause you get goes through your boss, so they can see how often you are recognized for your awesomeness. This helps come employee review time. I am averaging receiving 3 of these a month, which is no small feat for someone as new as I am, and especially working in the department I do, which is mostly about getting complaints, you know?

Parent council meeting at the kids' school tonight was... guh. No words. C had a good night at Brownies although she was a little cowed by the fact that she was the only member of faeries present so she had to sing the faeries song all by herself. She did it by golly though; that's my girl.

SO is watching Lois & Clark in the other room as we speak. I will watch the occasional episode with him, but for the most part I could care less. There's a reason why that show died after its fourth season. Although I found the episode featuring H.G. Wells quite amusing, I must admit.

I just finished of an individual package of Famous Amos cookies all to myself. Ask me if I feel guilty.

My cousin JPk just got engaged - this is exciting news and I am very happy for her.

I'm also very tired so it's time to sign out.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.