0

cut out my heart and it flies to the ceiling

Posted by Slowplum on 10/23/2006 09:18:00 AM
Anniversary was good, and something I've chosen not to discuss on the internet.

Yesterday I got to sleep in, then headed to the inlaws' home for my brother in law's belated birthday dinner. My MIL wasn't there of course so guess who got most of the food done by the time she actually managed to show up? Yeah.

It was chinese food - brotherinlaw's favorite food. I managed to convince her to oven bake some of it. I hate most deep-fried food, mostly because it just sits like lead in my belly. Not to mention it makes my clothes smell like a deep fryer. Ugh. But everyone seemed to love the food so hooray.

Sisterinlaw brought over her suicidal friend's daughter to the birthday, a move which baffled me but I couldn't be bothered to bring it up at the time. Mostly yesterday I hid in a spare room and talked with her about everything else. She did mention that dude was not allowed to have his daughter unsupervised, and had moved back home to facilitate this. Then she mentioned she had another awkward moment over the weekend with another male friend of hers. I told her she needed a red herring of sorts - did she happen to know any gay men who were game in pretending to be her lover? At least if she had "someone" it would deter others from confessing their undying love every other weekend.

I'm just not shaking off this sad stuff. Somebody give me a reason to laugh already.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.