0

Their tears are filling up their glasses, no expression, no expression

Posted by Slowplum on 10/20/2006 09:34:00 AM
I really love the Gary Jules cover of Mad World.

As much as Smallville irritates the hell out of me (The Outer Limits meets Melrose Place. Niiiice. Plus I probably wouldn't be so irked by it if I weren't forcefed every episode back to back a la clockwork orange) I do have to say they have the best music. It's like the producers are channeling Quentin Tarantino - they know what songs are going to give the right feel to a scene.

I'm just mentioning Smallville because that's where I first heard the cover.

I'm just babbling now. I've had a very long week. Today I do my PAR interview with my boss. Guh. I'm just not in the mood for this.

This Saturday is my six yr anniversary. Well, six years married, anyhow. We are going out for dinner and all that jazz, which is fine but I just. I just feel like huddling under blankets and watching a sad movie and letting him play with my hair until I fall asleep. Nothing more. It's true, what I was told once, that sometimes being with me is like courting sadness. That mantle on my shoulders can get pretty heavy.

I'm not being all drama-queen woe-is-me here. There are things in my life and about my life that are large contributors to my sadness. For the most part I just shrug it off, and most people that know me in general can attest that I'm normally a happy go lucky jokester. In all honesty I'm pretty selective about who I allow to witness me when I'm feeling like this - I'm good about putting the happy on in public especially. That stems from years and years and years of playing "everything's perfect" in my household. I don't know if it's the European upbringing or something - more than likely though. You know, that whole "Oh my what will the neighbors think" thing.

At some point I will write about my phone conversation with the prosecutor, the extra-long appointment at the gynecologist, and spending 2.5 hrs on the phone with a friend who kept asking me for my honest opinion and then kept pestering me because I was giving her my honest opinion instead of the answer she wanted to hear. But right now I am just going to listen to sad music and try and get it out of my system before heading for work.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.