0

70 years

Posted by Slowplum on 11/04/2005 08:33:00 AM
Happy 70th to my grandma C whom my lovely daughter was named after! I'm going to stop by her place this morning after dropping the kids off at school and give her a visit and a prezzie or two.

We have been planning a surprise party for her which will come to fruition tomorrow night at a hall with balloons and music and family and of course tons of food. MW (my brother's girlfriend) and I have been designated to decorate and etc. Should be interesting. We got her a cake meant to feed 50 that is covered in red roses because she loves flowers so much. My grandmother is a certified florist and did all the flowers at my wedding except the button-thingies (I know what they are called but am embarassed to admit I have no idea how to spell the damn word) and C's bouquet (which I made myself).

Meanwhile, Paris is still burning and I think to myself, holy crap I mean I understand the unrest and frustration but for all this to stem from the accidental death of two teens seems a bit much and is there no other way to bring their point across? While I understand that sometimes violence begets violence, what about turning the other cheek and all that jazz? So much destruction.

The cynic in me is thinking "you know, 'Paris is burning' sounds like a really good title for a book or something..."

Ok time to get the kids going... it's always a drag to get them going on a Friday morning... literally a drag! They don't want to move. It's a mystery of science or something.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.