2

A Plus, Sucka!

Posted by Slowplum on 11/27/2005 04:45:00 PM
So I forgot to mention earlier: I received my marks from the Organizational Behaviour Class, 90 per cent!!!! Woo woo! I've every right to crow about it... I worked my butt off for it.

Now on to see what courses I can take tomorrow. Hmm.

The gathering of my Dad's side was at my cousin JPk's house and it went off smashingly. I'm really proud of her - she is only really cutting her teeth on cooking and she made a divine turkey dinner for us. The festivities finished rather early for a change, at around 9 pm most everyone who was going home had cleared out. SO and the kids and I stayed at JPk's. V gave the kids their Christmas presents early, and they hooted with delight over them for some time. Then they hunkered down to watch Madagascar before bed time.

I didn't sleep a wink last night, finally giving up trying at 4 am and sneaking downstairs of JPk's house (which is gorgeous by the by) and watching Good Will Hunting and having a little cry while starting off my knitting of a Gryffindor scarf for my brother-in-law, who is absolutely captivated by the Harry Potter stories. I figured it's as good a Christmas present as any, and one he would not only appreciate but actually USE.

I got to meet and talk to JPk's significant other's parents, as they were at the festivities as well. They are both working in the public education system so they seemed pretty eager to talk to a parent who is pretty involved with their kids' lives. Memo to self; send her info on the Circle of Friends thing.

SO decided on our way home from the cold white North we would take back roads and loop around here and there. We stopped for a bite at a random road truck stop type diner and the food was good, plenty, and fast. It took us 4 hours to get home from a usually 2 hour drive, but it was much more relaxing than taking the 400 & 401 home.

Now I'm just about exhausted after helping C with her Book Talk homework.

Time for a nappety nap nap. Ta-ta!

ps: Hammers - StarFall and Handwriting pages! The handwriting one is neat as you can print off practice sheets as well as type out sentences for them to trace and practice on, that will show up on the printable sheets.

2 Comments


k was hella excited about a gingerbread house. did that work it's way into the mix this weekend?

Lo


Nope, but it's coming up soon methinks

He is holding on to all the cookies until then... to have a gingie army... lol

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.