3

another episode of good mom/bad mom

Posted by Slowplum on 11/16/2005 08:34:00 PM
We've been eating a lot more fruit and veggies lately to counter-balance all the halloweeny goodness that's been going on at our casa.

Good mom: grapes, strawberries, graham crackers
Bad mom: with a side of fudge brownies and the kind of juice that comes in a can and would put any diabetic into a coma

So tonight while C was in brownies I went to a reconciliation meeting.

Good mom: I actually remembered there was a meeting
Bad mom: I forgot to bring C with me

Good mom: I wrote down the "new" Act of Contrition (oh man do they get off lucky with this one)
Bad mom: I didn't listen to a thing the priest said after that point

Good mom: Reminded Brown Owl that we wouldn't be there for next Brownies meeting
Bad mom: Forgot to bring in permission forms for the parade, and also forgot dues (but I'm pretty sure we're ahead, I keep bringing toonie in instead of loonie)

Enough good mom/bad mom crap.

Anyway. JG came over after work w/SO tonight, they had a few beers (beers? beer? where are my pedantic friends already?) and yapped about work while I finished off cooking an oh-so-original meal of meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans and corn. How much more (un)inspiring can you get? Men don't care. They see meat, they eat it. Meat good. More meat please. *insert grunt here*

JG stayed for supper with not much in the way of arm twisting on SO's side. "You staying for supper?" "Nah, I should get going soon." "She made meat loaf..." "WELL! In that case!"

haha

Lost my train of thought. I feel about a hundred years old suddenly. Sleep time methinks.

Ta

3 Comments


Have I ever told you that my J has a phobia of meatloaf. He is always sure there will be an onion hiding somewhere inside waiting to pounce on him.

The last time he braved piece was three years ago when his aunt told him it was specially for him with no onions. He found one. Turned out it had onion soup mix in it. That was the day he swore he would never touch a meatloaf again.

I will change his mind eventually. He ate stew on the weekend! Baby steps...

Lo Lo


nice blog slowplum!

*plink*


Thanks for all the cool horse . You'll have to stop by www.horseoutlet.com sometime!

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.