0

thank you, dan from east side

Posted by Slowplum on 11/14/2005 12:18:00 PM
Friday night the kids had a sleepover with my sister in law because she wanted them to come over and watch Madagascar with her. As a result I had an entire evening to myself. Know what I did? Not a darn thing. And it was GLORIOUS.

Saturday my darling SO got it into his noggin to take us to London to eat at East Side Mario's. First we went to the mall for a bit and just petered around. I picked up a gift for the potluck/christmas gathering my friends and I do every November (because we're all too busy to do it any other time). We went to the restaurant and I have to tell you, I have not had such wonderful service in a long time. Not once did we ever have to ask for a refill on anything; he seemed to anticipate our needs and have the drink before we even had time to realize it was empty. Bread and salad a-plenty and extra coloring pages for the kids.

The wait seemed shorter than it could have been were it not for him. So Dan from East Side Marios, thank you for being so terrific. I muttered to SO at one point during the meal that if he left any less than a 20% tip I'd murdelize him... SO has this thing about tipping. It's our one major head-clasher. In any case, he got a good one, and we got home just in time for me to go to the gift exchange. I didn't bother eating (obviously) but that's never the point. We played a few games of euchre and crokinole (spell check on that one please) and everyone had a great time. JM always throws together a nice event and I'm glad I went.

Sunday was a lazy day, thank heaven. I had a pounding migraine and not even a short nap could fix it.

Now I'm off to put away ten million groceries. Ta.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.