0

Between the crosses, row on row

Posted by Slowplum on 11/11/2005 08:07:00 AM
And now, for Remembrance day, I present to you a poem I wrote in grade 7 that won me two awards at the Royal Canadian Legion. I look at it and think to myself, wow this really sucks. But at age 12, I guess it's ok. This is all coming from memory, mind you.

Do you remember? I don't
My grandpa will; my father won't
and yet the thought of war still breaks my heart
but still, still I'm in the dark

when it comes to the horror of it all
when women cry as soldiers fall
Yes, the horror that never fades
not even with the big parades
that are here today, but gone tomorrow.
They won't make up for the tears and sorrow

And Hitler, he's the desperate one
who took the daylight from the sun
Politicians, evil men
who tried to take from us our land
We wear the poppies, they bear the cross
I'll never understand their loss

So we'll set aside one day each November
to pay our respects to those who DO remember.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.