0

la da di la di da

Posted by Slowplum on 11/07/2005 08:30:00 AM
Grandma's party was nice, everyone seemed to have a good time but I've noted that one of my aunts-by-marriage seems to have developed a severe undertone to her voice and she looks... hmm... jaloux. Seriously, lighten up lady.

SO tied one on a little too loosely and as a result was not in the greatest of health when we got home. I had to laugh it off because he hasn't been like that since he was nineteen. He felt a little sheepish about the whole thing. I told him that even though he was Irish/Scottish, it didn't mean he could outdrink my entire Portuguese family. Boy howdy did he give it a good shot though.

It was decided that Christmas for my mom's side is going to be on the 3rd of December, as the weekend after that is no good for one half of us, and the weekend before Christmas is no good for the other half of us. We'll see how it goes. SO's company party is on the weekend of the 17th. No idea what I will wear as I am in the mood that everything looks hideous on me (even if it does not). Time for a haircut maybe. Doing something crazy/drastic/at least different from the usual mess makes me feel better.

I rented a couple of movies yesterday: Shark Boy and Lava Girl, Sin City, and Revenge of the Sith. The kids seemed to really like the Shark Boy and Lava Girl thing, and of course K was giddy at the prospect of the Star Wars movie, even if I did cheat a little and forward through the extra-scary parts (for a five year old, some parts are extra-scary). We were smart enough to wait until the kiddies were safely tucked in bed (at 7:30 K and C begged to go to sleep, a good indicator they were up wayyyy to late the night before) before we watched Sin City.

Well. I really have no words for the film at the moment. It was... yeah. SO is convinced I have a thing for Robert Rodriguez as I rented not one but two of his films last night and followed up with Once Upon a Time in Mexico (insomnia strikes again).

Today I go out for lunch with the ladies of my SO's family as his grandmother on his Dad's side started up this "First Wives Annual Luncheon" wayyyy back when his grandfather ditched her for his second wife. His grandfather's sisters also go to this lunch as they have both been married twice as well. They invited me because they pointed out that I was in fact a "first" wife... and then of course followed up with "but that doesn't mean he'll have another, dear, we're just saying, you're first and last... oh hell we just want to invite you, ok?" They broke the rules a little this year too because they invited my sister in law as well and she hasn't married yet. "Eventually you'll be a first wife... right?"

This should be interesting. The only time I've met his great aunts on his grandpa's side was at the funeral of his grandpa's second wife. I was cornered by one about my epilepsy (haven't had a seizure in literally years, something I'm proud of as I've managed without medication as well), by another about my lack of photos in the purse of my kids (I'm always with them, what do I need photos for?), and by another about when am I going to have another kid already (I can't). It was sixteen different kinds of awkward. I'm hoping this won't be a repeat performance. CM and I have a pact to stick together; thank God for sisters-in-law.

This post has gone on long enough, methinks. Time to get the bambinos together for school.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.