2

Rain rain go away

Posted by Slowplum on 11/09/2005 10:06:00 AM
Woke up to a massive thunder roll that literally shook our house. Makes for quite the morning, I assure you.

I helped my cousin JPk with her blog site, which she loves of course and you can see it here.

I dyed my hair after all, a really nice color because frankly, keeping up with the streaks was getting to be a pain, and I miss dying my own hair, and I like the color besides. It's Loreal Feria's Chocolate Cherry. My sister in law came over Monday night to help do it (hard to get the back pieces sometimes) which was nice of her, considering she came right after work and she had to close the store that night.

Pictures came in yesterday (and today for K) of the kids from the school. C looks awesome and she has these two little bandaids on the one elbow which is just precious and made me giggle a bit, because it's so typical of her grade and age and just perfect.

Apparently Fr. whatshisname (isn't that terrible? I forget what C told me already) came in to talk to them yesterday and teach them the Act of Contrition. I told C in the end that's all she really has to remember and she'll be fine. Her reconciliation is coming up so fast, it's kind of spooky! Doh... which reminds me... must call either my mom or my mother in law and see if they can watch K while I go to the meeting tonight...er wait. Is it tonight? Maybe it's next Wednesday. I'd be lost without a calendar I swear.

Going out for lunch with my dear friend S today, whoopee! We always used to go to the Elizabethan on Wednesdays for lunch, because they serve the best fish and chips... haven't gone in a long time because we are both pathetic and our lives are crazy lately. Her son is 11 today. I kept thinking he was 13 but then I remembered I'm 2 years older than she is which is where my math went wrong. Eleven! Holy crap. It's just so weird.

Today is the Feast of St. Michael. I think tonight I'll make some angel cake. The kids will get a kick out of that.

Time to go get ready for my lunch date and also get resume ready to give to a little shop downtown that's hiring that I think would be a hoot to work for...

ta!

2 Comments


I like the new look.The meeting is next week - I had to look it up too! Good luck with the resume, where is the job?


Thanks!

The job is at MacLeod's, that little scottish shop by Watson's bazaar. I am trying to simplify my life, and step one is to NOT tie myself down to another 60 hour a week, more work for less pay, deal with politics all day, sort of job.

The lady didn't know if the position was filled or not, but at least I can say I tried, right?

Can I link you on my page?

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.