0

weekend visit

Posted by Slowplum on 3/24/2003 06:06:00 AM
I have a lot to say about the visit with my cousin this weekend, but I am finding that my mind has turned to putty due to craptastic workday.

It was a good visit. Wine and laughter and making fudge at almost midnight. The Iron Chef and reading futures. My kids crawling all over her and I feeling like the worst mom in the world. My own mother calling every frickin' hour on the hour to see if I needed help "entertaining". Said in tones like "awww isn't that sweet, little G is entertaining!" I'm twenty-fucking-six. Give me a break. Had to cave and allow her to send over pillows and blankets so she could feel like she had contributed to the visit and made it all better or somesuch.. She ends up sneaking some cake over despite my protests.

Cake is still on counter untouched. So there! We talked about so many things and it was like stumbling over words trying to get it all out. Years of stories to unfold. We still weren't finished by the time the visit was over.

I sent her home with FABULOUS PRIZES and she gave me something nice too :) The kids were spoiled with toys of course. They cried when LP left.

The thing with visits is, I always feel so up when they are here, and then completely exhausted when they leave. But happy. It is sad that our family has lost touch through time. It is nice that we children are picking the torch back up, dusting it off, and starting again.

I think that's all I have to report. Oh! No it isn't!

I got a CD in the mail from Wa! So yay! Thanks Wa! It was perfect timing, my day had been really sucky till then.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.