1

tech-knowledge-y

Posted by Slowplum on 9/07/2006 07:44:00 AM
A few new items on the table:
1. Lunch w/Sir T
2. Hair dye!
3. Cell phones

So I caved yesterday & finally replaced my old nokia cell which was totally falling apart. Got 2 new Rogers cell phones under a family plan, which makes SO hella happy as he was always pouting about why did I have one and not him, blar blar blar. In fairness when we got the nokia it was a Christmas gift from the in-laws, but he never ever used the damn thing so I adopted it for my own. It was especially helpful when I was going back and forth to and from school.

Now we both have one with a good plan for calling between the two phones & etc. They also are mp3 players, cameras, calendars, calculators, text-messaging capable...etc. I have especially been having fun programming ring tunes for people, as the phones came with a program that allows you to edit mp3's so that snippets of songs can be played when people in general call, but you can apply them so that they are only utilized when a specific person/people call. All of which I wouldn't have known how to do had my sister-in-law not come over last night & helped me while we were waiting for my hair dye to set.

Yes, I dyed my hair last night, it is now something the box calls "Starry Night" but is basically black. I haven't been black in a long while - kind of missed it actually as it was hella easier to keep than any other color. My hair really, really loves black hair dye for some reason.

As for lunch w/Sir T, the food was decent but as is per usual at Madelyn's, a huge portion. The company was also good and I was able to give him his birthday present (however belatedly). He would have been happy to give me the details on his birthday celebrating, had he been able to remember any. It was something like a 3 (possibly 4) day bender, so of course the details are quite fuzzy. It should be interesting if this adventure is repeated when his roomate P's birthday comes up. Apparently sisterinlaw has been advised by P to take a few days off around that time - I see a few "Get well soon" cards in their futures.

Ok, back to playing with ring tunes. If you are of the type that knows me personally, and would perchance call the cell, I'm taking requests on ring tones. Sisterinlaw has cornered the Divinyls' "I touch myself", although she was also sorely tempted by Hot Chocolate's "You Sexy Thing". I'm open for suggestions, however if I don't have the mp3 I might have to do some digging.

Ok off for Thursday's adventures. Ciao!

1 Comments


Okay, if you're looking for risqué songs only, mark me down for The Bloodhound Gang's The Bad Touch or, even better, Tenacious D's F**k Her Gently.

And I promise I won't call you when you're visiting your avo, I swear.

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.