1

Man oh man

Posted by Slowplum on 9/12/2006 09:23:00 AM
So it's taking me ten thousand years to get blogger pages to load - thus the lack of updates.

I got a huge fine for a traffic violation that I don't really want to get into - let's just say lesson learned, and that'll teach me for actually wanting to use my tax return for selfish things, like buying Christmas presents early or perhaps fixing up the car.

Gosh. Even typing is showing up slower than I'm typing it. What is going on with you, blogger? Are you sick? Have I done something wrong? Talk to me boy!

SO loves the phones - sends me ridiculous messages just because he can. It took him a while to get on to how to send a text but now that he can - it's hilarious really. Since his computer is completely dead he cradles the phone like it's a baby or something - precious precious technology. I can't really judge - I also love text messaging, as it does not require me to get into lengthy conversations over something that I wanted to briefly communicate - which fills my sisterinlaw with glee as she is also a texter.

K & C survived their first week of school with nary a bump. K didn't understand why they were practicing letters again - however - he was very very pleased that they are starting to learn French now. He was also pleased with the music aspect of the curriculum. We'll see how things go. C loves her new teacher, who unfortunately is only a temp, covering a maternity leave until April. I don't see the point in the "actual" teacher coming back only for 2 months though. How is she supposed to grade students she hasn't seen all year? It hardly seems fair. Plus I have some other opinions I don't wish to rant about here.

Do you know what is hella tasty? Get some stewing beef or just cut up a steak. Fry it up in a wok with some olive oil. Add one package of frozen pasta & veggie mix (I recommend the Green Giant one - preferably the cheesy kind), one can of Campbell's Tomato with Basil and Oregano soup, 1/2 cup of water. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. Damn, skippy. It is taaaaaaaaasty. And quick! Took me 20 minutes tops, and that included the time it took to cut up the steak. Even the kids loved it! "It's like the meat and pasta and veggies all at once, mum!"

C is getting excited as it is that time of year again - time to sign her up for Brownies. K is also excited - under the impression that there is going to be Beavers in his future. Unfortunately, due to lack of volunteers, there is probably not going to be a program this year; this leaves me to be scrambling trying to find something else that K could participate in. I'm a big fan of fairness and K is just dying to have something that he does separately from the family, just like C.

I don't want to sign him up for that Thunderkidz crap again - it was nice and all but the church that puts it on follows some practices I just simply do not agree with. MIL was pretty offended when I said I wouldn't be signing them up this year - too fucking bad. It isn't my church, and if she finds peace there that is great and fine for her, but don't DARE tell me how to raise my kids and under what faith. (That little diatribe brought to you by a conversation we had wherein she offered to start taking the kids to her church with her, since I'm not taking them regularly to mine. Let's point a few things out here: They are MY children. I'm Catholic. She's going to a church which is Evangelical. While God is God and all, I can do without the swaying and "Praise Baby Jesussss!" crap - no I'm NOT kidding, they DO do this, and I don't want any part of it. And did I mention, they are MY children? Not hers?)

Rant off. Bah. Now I'm all cranky thinking about it. In the famous mumbled words of Fred Flintstone, "I love my mother-in-law, I love my mother-in-law..."

Don't get me wrong. I really do love her. But there are some things we just don't see eye to eye on, and while I know she usually means well, sometimes she doesn't. And I usually end up caving or just placating her somehow, to keep the peace. Because blood is thicker. Because SO won't argue with her. Because it's all small stuff. Because.

I'm hosting a Tupperware party on Friday. The main reason is I want to get their "Fridgesmart" stuff, which purportedly allows you to store vegetation in the fridge for days and perhaps weeks longer than you normally could. This has been verified by several friends who are avid fans of the stuff, even though they don't like Tupperware itself per se, they love this fridgesmart crap. I am all for being able to keep strawberries and broccoli longer than 3 days. Bring it on, Tupperware!

I feel so old, though. I mean, Tupperware? Like, that's the type of "party" old 1950's moms have, you know? Where I serve little gherkins and celery sticks, and maybe a salmon mousse or pate shaped like a fish. And the gents are out back smoking cigars and waiting for us to rub their feet.

Ok, this is enough update for one day I think. Now let's cross our fingers and hope dear old Blogger doesn't bust a gasket mid-posting.

1 Comments


Did you get your FridgeSmarts? They do really work, I sell loads of them here in the UK. Not sure strawberries will last too well though, even in a FridgeSmart. Cheers my dear.

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.