0

running on empty

Posted by Slowplum on 9/26/2006 09:05:00 AM
I have had a lot going on in my little life over the past few days. For those of you in the know - she seems ok, not sure what the heck happened but I'm thanking God for small miracles and keeping an eye on her in case her condition flips again.

For the record also, and in case you didn't know, my MIL is driving me absofuckinglutely nuts. I cannot begin to express the frustration I've been feeling toward her lately. It is a very long, very boring story and I don't want to get into it. Just saying for the record - she is driving me up the wall.

I need a rest and I feel I haven't had a true rest since yegads, I don't know. A long time. I need me time and I'm not getting it. Oh Angst! Oh Bother!

What I would really love to do is just call in to work, have a long hot bath, wrap myself in a warm robe, and curl up under a blanket and watch crap movies. No interruptions or anything. What I am going to do instead is drag my sorry self out to work, hope the phones actually work today (they were wonky all of yesterday, led to some interesting times let me tell you), and answer calls with patience and not get too cranky when people are ignorant to me all day. They have been lately - it's a cranky time of year in mortgageland, I guess. I don't take it personally but it certainly is taxing on the nerves. One solicitor was very rude however and I told him if he didn't stop I would end the call - well he went off and I hung up. I told my boss about it he said I did the right thing. Some people believe because of their stature they can push you around - well sir I do not pander to that.

Wow looks like I had things to say after all. I just feel all empty and dried up, wordwise.

Also, I'm not the best when it comes to grammar and spelling, but I have to say when I'm reading newsgroups I openly cringe at some people's contributions. It just floors me.

Ok, time to go procrastinate some more before work.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.