0

No more standin' along the side walls; Now I've got myself together, baby

Posted by Slowplum on 9/03/2006 07:43:00 PM
So I have that Marvin Gaye song stuck in my head for some reason.

Last night went out with co-workers for a girls' night. Started it out at one co-worker's home with a potluck, drank some wine & then we all piled into one girl's car and headed to what's left of the bars downtown. We stopped at Molly Bloom's first because we figured at least if there was live music it would be worth our time.

As it happens, Molly Bloom's was dead but I did run into Sir T & two of his friends, so I was able to wish him happy belatedness on the birthday.

We mosied over to Bentley's where I discovered my sisterinlaw & her friendly folks and so I chatted with them momentarily & then sat with the ladies I came with. Funnily enough, one of the girls I went out with knew some of the people at sisterinlaw's table.

Got up to the bar to get a drink and was CARDED. Yes you heard me right. I went back to the table to get my ID and they asked me what the hell I was doing, I told them I got carded and they screamed with laughter. Then they were carousing & carrying on about that for a while. The bartender was all huffy and saying "geez you should take it as a compliment" I said of course I do and laughed.

I came back to the table and when they discovered I was 30 and got carded they thought it was even funnier.

Anyhow. P & Sir T have invited me over to play risk and/or zombies at some point. That should be good as I miss those folks.

Talked with sisterinlaw for a while before was dragged out to the only place left to dance in town - Woody's. Ugh. Danced for 2 hrs straight, then got a ride home & walked in the door to find the cat come barreling downstairs and SO walking to the front door from the kitchen. "I was beginning to get worried about you." Why? Because it was 3 something a.m. when I walked in the door.

In any case, a good time was had. I am glad I went out.

School starts on Tuesday. The kids can barely contain themselves with their giddiness over it.

I have next week off, so hurrah!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.