1

Overground, watch this space

Posted by Slowplum on 9/13/2006 10:20:00 PM
I have that Sneakerpimps tune stuck in my noggin. HELP!

Signed C up for Brownies tonight. K is wanting to join Beavers now, but I'm still waffling on it. I mean last year's seemed to be a disaster, and I'm not sure if it's even available anywhere in town at the moment. Plus he's six, and a boy, so I don't know if the dedication/attention span is there.

K's been pretty moody lately - crying at the drop of a hat. I think he's still adjusting to going to school everyday; he's been coming home just exhausted. He says he likes it but he is also very tired. He says it's also tough sometimes because he wants to play with T but sometimes he just doesn't get what T wants to play (this comes from T being incredibly, incredibly smart. This kid is gifted with a capital G, while K - well, K is special in other ways. As a result, sometimes K doesn't know exactly what it is T wants to play - I told K to just ask T to stop, wait, and explain to him).

I explained that he just needs to remember that friends won't always like all the same things, and that maybe he could suggest they take turns picking what to do. He also said that T disappears at recess sometimes or whatever and K can't find him. I said it's a big yard - and they don't have to play together every single time. But if he especially wants to play with T, all he has to do is just tell him so. K says it's hard because T sits in the middle of class and he sits at the front, and he doesn't want to get yelled at for trying to talk to T, because this teacher will totally yell if he tries. I gave K the option of maybe telling T when they are lined up at the beginning of the day - surely he can do it then? We'll see.

I think part of it is that K isn't used to actually having an option of someone he actually likes to play with at recess - last year was pretty tough on him, and he got pretty used to just sort of ambling and hoping someone would eventually let him play. Usually he ended up playing with C if she didn't have her "I'm older and don't want to be seen playing with my brother" attitude on.

I figure it'll all work out in the wash - it usually does with boys, and K & T are like peas and carrots for the most part.

As for C? She seems to be adjusting very well with her new class. She absolutely adores her new teacher, and she says recess has been pretty decent as well. She says she isn't always playing with the same people, but that her recess pals are pretty consistent, and that she is just so happy to be in a straight class with her friends. She is pretty bored with the school work, but her teacher has already said if C wants extra work to just let her know.

Guh. Work employee review time. I haven't even started the self-assessment, which is due by Friday, thankyouverymuch. I don't mind the whole whoring myself for that 1% raise jazz, but I just don't have the energy to fill out six pages of it. Meh. I hear my good friend Procrastination calling. Tomorrow night it is, then!

Blogger beta so far has been pretty decent - no loading issues, a little more user-friendly as far as interface goes, especially if you are new to the whole html razamajazz. Which I'm not, but it's nice to have an option if I'm feeling lazy.

Also I can access it from my google mail - niiiiice. It also allows for permissions - meaning I could set it up so that only certain people could see my posts, rather than the general public. I am toying with the idea - however, it adds an extra step for people to have to "log in" to my blog. Thoughts?

1 Comments


Well, presumably folks would just need to log in once. Unless they switch computers or delete their cookies. In which case they might forget to log back in, and might miss out on locked posts. Hmm.

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.