1

I missed the last bus, I'll take the next train

Posted by Slowplum on 9/18/2006 08:47:00 PM
I try but you see, it's hard to explain
I say the right things, but act the wrong way
I like it right here, but I cannot stay
I watch the TV; forget what I'm told
Well, I am too young, and they are too old
The joke is on you, this place is a zoo
"You're right it's true"

So I missed work today - migraine from hell and also overall stress from this whole fine nonsense. The prosecutor I talked to on the phone today from the courthouse told me to plea my case though - it's a long story but if the Crown is telling me I have half a chance, then hell. I'm going for it.

Took my sisterinlaw to the spa to get her legs done - it's her birthday coming up so I decided to treat her. She was looking forward to it with a little trepidation, but let me tell you: she's already hooked. She asked me sixty million questions on the pros and cons of the brazilian, which is not your typical dinner table talk, but was amusing nonetheless. I guess that can tell you how close we are. Since we both grew up with no sister in our lives, just brothers, it was easy to bond once I got involved with SO. She is considerably younger than I am but not so much that we can't get along.

C's first night of Brownies is tomorrow. Memo to self: fill out form.

So sleepy. Battling migraines all day will do that to you.

The fair is coming up this weekend. The kids are ecstatic about this fact. They are still young enough that everything holds interest for them at the fair, and old enough to enjoy most of it, and young enough that they still want their parents around to enjoy it with them. The kids make the fair fun. Otherwise I just see it with a disinterested stare. It's the same smelly food, cheap and tacky prizes, volunteers that are probably doing community service for their parole, rides that need to be fixed every few hours, animals pent up in little cages. I do have to say this though - I love a fair lit up at night. It's breathtaking, really.

C brought home actual homework today. It was math, patterns in numbers or somesuch. She finished it in five minutes, but it was homework all the same.

K brought home some things they had been working on in school. His printing is miles ahead of what C's was at this stage - it's amazing really. K is and always has been the type that you might think is slow, but really he is just absorbing it all and then BANG will show his learning off all at once. It used to concern me. I mean he didn't really start talking until he was two - we had his hearing tested and everything. He could hear perfectly fine. He was just absorbing. As soon as he was around 18 months he wasn't just saying the odd word; he was communicating concepts and stringing along sentences easy as you please.

Yeah. I just stared at the screen blankly for over a minute. Probably a good hint that I should hit "publish" and call it a night.

1 Comments


Gracie, call me.

I want details of the "incident".

Lo

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.