0
Posted by Slowplum on 8/18/2002 09:40:00 AM
My daughter is at my mother's house, having a sleep over. We have cousins from Port. visiting, they have a little girl C's age, so they are having a sleep over this weekend. C was tickled pink at the notion, doubly so when I bought her new pajamas for the occasion. I am glad she has this fun time, but still I missed her this morning.

Lazy Sunday morning. The two most important boys in my life (read: husband and son) are still sleeping soundly. My son came crawling into bed with us at 7 am, crying from a bad dream. Cuddled in, kissed me on the cheek and feel asleep again. This is Sunday morning in our home.

I couldn't get back to sleep (typically) and just lay there watching my son and my husband sleep peacefully. Listened to their quiet breathing and wondered what I ever did without this.

Got up quietly out of bed so as not to disturb my sleeping angels (angels only when they sleep, did you ever notice this?) and came downstairs. Made myself some coffee. Indulgance; ate some caramel pecan pie. This is the decadent life I sometimes allow myself to have. Stretched like a feline, cracked my back in the process, felt the ooozing sensation of blood pressure changing.

PS: Hi bgy!

I am considering a shower about now, to wash away the remnants of sleep. Yesterday I slept most of the day away, battling off a cold. Then I took a hot bath with lavender bath oil in between. Cleared my head up and soothed me at the same time. SO said I smelled too girly for him. I said I didn't care as long as this cold went away before it could check in at the front desk and settle for a few weeks.

Now I go to do things, probably clean the house, probably not. We will see.

Good morning, world.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.