0

Please mister postman, look and see if there's a letter, a letter for me

Posted by Slowplum on 1/25/2007 09:18:00 AM
So in an act that was equal parts procrastination and insanity, I organized my gmail inbox. There were 3000 messages in there (literally!) and most of them unread because they were either forwards from friends I never talk to, or junk mail from places I signed up for because of forwards from friends I never talk to, or mail from newsgroups that I only sometimes skim, etc.

It's pretty bad when you're organizing your inbox to procrastinate from something else, no? Makes you wonder how bad the project/required activity is.

I got an email from a friend yesterday announcing his wife's pregnancy - with twins. Since he himself is a twin it hardly comes as a surprise, but it sure shocked them! I don't think they anticipated their second foray into parenthood to be a double whammy. My little fingers are going to be tired from all the baby blankets. I'm thinking I might make them caps instead.

S ended up getting the WoW expansion... so basically I have the next month or so to listen to him whoot at the screen or grumble, or both at the same time. It doesn't bother me as much as it did back in the day - I have my own things to do, and don't need to be entertained by S every damn minute of the day. However, I've made it abundantly clear that the degree of momma's happiness is an influence everyone else's (read: his). The minute I get sass when I ask him to stop playing in order to participate in family activity, is the minute the disc goes into the bin. He's pretty aware of this, and conscientious in that matter.

There's two girls at work who are pregnant. I think there's something in the water here. Honestly.

This weekend my parents are coming over for dinner. It's also Winterfest in our little city - unsure whether or not I'll be taking the kids to anything. I think it'll depend on the weather to be honest. Plus, there's that whole preparing for my parents coming over for dinner thing.

I feel sluggish, a sign I need caffeine.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.