1

It's just my job five days a week; a rocketman

Posted by Slowplum on 1/08/2007 09:51:00 AM
My Dalek prototype has proved problematic and not looking as I wanted it to, but I know where to make adjustments on the next one so it's all good. On my list of projects (which seems to be ever growing) I also have a hat for my sisterinlaw, a GIR (which my sisterinlaw has also already called dibs on), and a baby blanket for my friend ME who is having - a baby. I know what she's having but I won't say. As it is I found out by accident - she showed me a card she was giving her parents to tell them and then realized after that its color and wording gave away the details. I would have been happy to be suprised but knowing what color yarn to buy is fine as well.

My parents are back from Portugal - mom came home with a doozy of a cold - hurray for spreading new European germs! They got us tons of stuff as they usually do when they go on trips including getting me an awesome shawl with these sleeve-type things so it doesn't go all chaotic on me. It's warm and nice.

Went over to sisterinlaw's on Saturday night for board games & fun. It was a good night and I laughed myself silly, similar to the previous gathering at her place had with brotherinlaw as well and our respective spouses for our "let's gather instead of exchange gifts" Christmas thing. At the Christmas gathering we played my Cranium Turbo game which is just hilarious. At Saturday night's gathering we played Simpsons Clue and Urban Myth, which is also hilarious.

Kids are back to school today - much to their chagrin and my relief. They need to get back into their routines before they drive everyone including themselves nuts. K said it felt like a million years since school but he also kinda missed his teacher, but not his friends because he got to see T over the holiday. He insisted on wearing his Ronaldo shirt that my parents got him, in spite of the fact that chances are none of the kids in his class know who that is.

I smashed my finger into a cupboard yesterday and it smacked the nail back. Hurts like a bugger, especially if doused in hot water, which made washing dishes fun let me tell you.

S and JG continued construction downstairs on Saturday. Now we just need to get his friend CS and go shopping for wiring and lighting and such - thank god we have an electrician friend. This makes things much, much, MUCH easier. Dad was pretty impressed with what the boys have done so far, but I think he feels a little left out too - he loves home improvement type things, and since his own home is impossible to improve any more he has been eyeing ours up as an opportunity. S said not to worry, Dad could come help drywall as that job is a pain in the ass and many hands make light work. The kids are dying to have the basement done because more or less it'll be "their" room. Our plan is to throw all their toys etc down there and leave the main floor & bedrooms free from all that jazz. Part and parcel with basement building will come a project room for me, hurrah! Finally a place to put my stuff that's mine! It's funny saying that since the house is mine, but really there's nowhere to store my various project type things. I suppose it's the curse of the jack-of-all-trades - if I stuck to just one thing there'd be less to store - but I like all the things I do, and I do all the things I do, and I won't change that.

Blah blah blah. I sure can yap when I want to.

What's new with everyone else?

1 Comments


Oooo a project room!!! How exciting.

I need a project room. Somewhere to shove all my half worked on, never finished junk. Actually that is really my office right now, much to my husbands dismay.

Lo

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.