0

I got soul, but I'm not a soldier

Posted by Slowplum on 1/31/2007 09:25:00 AM
Stayed home yesterday and took care of both kids who were pretty sick. C with the flu and K with a nasty cold & fever. K woke up this morning still sniffling but much better. C - not so much. So I took C to my motherinlaw's house as I already missed work yesterday and have tomorrow booked off, due to there being a PA day. K was more than happy to go back to school - he had "things to hand in and people to see, mom".

I'm feeling pretty cold which is unusual for me but lately seems to be becoming the norm. I don't like it, not one bit.

I'm sorely tempted to introduce cable back into our lives. Can I get any cons to doing so? We literally have not had cable in 4 years. Whatever channels we watch are on the little tv with bunny ears, and even then, not much. But lately I'm thinking "hmm. I really miss tv" likely because there are actual shows I would watch now. Broadcasting has been disappointing me more often than not lately (good god I HATE most reality shows. Stop putting them out there already!) but when stellar shows come up they are like little jewels you just want to tuck under a floorboard and keep safe.

The reason for the temptation is I have received an offer from our provider for free installation and reduced billings for the first 6 months. In the end I'd be saving myself about $150. That seems like good enough reason for me. The reason I am balking is because... well... I kind of like the fact that the kids aren't exposed to all that crap, you know? I don't know. I have a few more days to think on it. (Chances are I will totally cave and then regret it about 3 months down the road. Anyone willing to place bets on this?)

My kids gave me early Valentines. K got me a little wooden thing that spells out "love" with a heart for the O and it's all sequins around it and the O acts like a picture frame. He says he got the frame but I have to get the picture. That's his way of hinting that he wants us all to get into a photo booth to take a picture. The last time we did it was pretty fun... C got me a heart pillow that says "I Love You" on it. She says I can take it to bed and maybe it will help me sleep more and better.

Why oh why can't it be summer already? I hate all this white stuff... I think it's in the blood, being Portuguese and all. Can't stand the cold weather.

Time to bundle myself up and get things ready before work. Hmmm. Cable.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.