0

Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday

Posted by Slowplum on 1/09/2007 09:02:00 AM
Woke up to the Rolling Stones which reminded me how much I actually like them.

Scary, I know.

I put the Dalek aside for a bit as I have to buy some stuffing for it and then set to work on its appendages and closing up the bottom part. Since some of you asked, a Dalek is a mutant race on Dr. Who, merciless and hell-bent on universal domination and destruction. They are encased in a tank-like structure. Here's an example. Read about them at Wikipedia. Conversely, I don't like to use Wikipedia as an online resource too often. As Steve Colbert once deftly pointed out on a show, there are too many hands in the pie and a great opportunity for mischief. But in this case, it gives a pretty comprehensive explanation on Daleks and the Dr. Whoniverse.

So anyway. I started on ME's baby blanket, and it's a pretty pattern, and pretty darn easy too. I figure a week I'll be pretty much done, if I don't get sidetracked (wishful thinking I know. I'm a mom- it's practically my job to get sidetracked).

So I've lost 4 lbs, hurrah. I'm not a scale-user, which will probably be the biggest change in this whole WW thing. The obsessive-compulsive numbering of foods I can handle. The stepping on a scale I don't particularly envision as being as important - the more important goal here is tracking dietary intake to help with some other inner stuff.

Getting 5 vegetable servings in one day has been challenging. There are only so many carrots and broccoli one can choke down. I know I know there is a cornucopia of vegetative delights out there, but we are a budgeted home here so excuse me if I can't keep up with produce. Time to start going back to the farmer's market, methinks. You save a bundle and help out the locals. (I have this thing about supporting the independants).

There's a nasty flu going around work again. I am fighting it away tooth and nail. Nothing I hate more than someone complaining about how sick they were while standing right up to you. KEEP YOUR GERMS TO YOURSELVES.

Lo is coming this weekend, hurrah! I haven't told the kids. Well I sort of did. I told them they were having a surprise guest. C immediately said "Lo and J?" and I said no. Because technically, it's only Lo, so I'm not really lying, hah! K guessed it was V, and I had to explain that she went back to the UK, and we probably wouldn't be seeing her for a whole year again. K being the great geographer said he'd draw me a map with a shortcut.

My finger still hurts. And under the nail it's all purple and bruised. Charming, I know.

Ok probably time to go and wrestle my hair into complacency. It's a bad hair day for sure.

See you later alligator. (to which K always replies, "Real soon Racoon!" hee.)

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.