0

Namaste

Posted by Slowplum on 1/28/2007 05:47:00 PM
A few items on the agenda this weekend.

S ended up calling in to work and taking the night off. The kids were at my in-laws' as seems to be the trend on Fridays lately. S got me to go to the beer store for him while I was out running errands, anndddddddddd I got carded again. I find this hilarious every damn time it happens. And they always apologize up and down and are all "oh I'm sorry I hope you aren't insulted you just don't look your age" and I'm thinking how the hell is it an insult that you think I look under 19 and I'm 30? The man behind me was pretty amused to say the least and patted me on the shoulder and said good for me and what was my secret so he could tell his wife. And I said the secret was my husband treated me nice and kept me happy. Ha!

So then I got home and S & I watched back episodes of Dexter that he threw on a disc for me. I have to say... I really like the show. I had my reservations, but they pull the premise off marvelously and you really do end up liking the guy, in spite of his er, tendency to kill people.

On Saturday my parents were supposed to come over for dinner, so of course I cleaned the house like a madwoman. Then my Mom called & that plan was tossed as it turns out my Dad is pretty darn sick. I mean he's all laid up in bed and everything - and this is a man who lives by the philosophy "I'll sleep when I'm dead" so you know he's really sick when he's willing to just rest. So instead yesterday I made us all a Portuguese roast (hurray for still having chorico in the freezer!) and we just did nothing things. The kids and I played Frustration (or Trouble, or whatever. The game with little pegs and the pop-up dice thing, ymmv). We watched School of Rock (K is on a big rock and roll kick, it's pretty fun actually).

This morning my mom called and wanted me to drop off the kids so she could take them out to breakfast. So I did and checked in on Dad who still looked pretty rough. We rescheduled our bbq for next weekend so all is well. He said he felt really bad and didn't want me to think he didn't want to go - um, hello? You're sick. I'm not stupid you know. So after dropping off the kids, I picked up my sister-in-law so we could go to a yoga class. I have been wanting to try it for sometime now, and this opportunity came up for a Sunday 10:30 class, so I took it. I'm glad I did. It was like a good workout minus the workout and the weird leotarded toothpick shouting out orders. I felt pretty peaceful afterward actually. Then my sisinlaw and I went out for brunch. I took my knitting with me which got amused glances from some people but some were intrigued and mentioned it had been a long time since they knit anything and now they were thinking they might want to again. Fun stuff.

Came home to find hubby had emptied out the dishwasher for me and did a load of laundry or two. (See? I wasn't fibbing about what I told the old man in line at the beer store.) He just came home a short while ago with fixings for bbq since we decided to have that for supper anyway, and he even got my favorite kind of bread even though it's hella expensive, and all my favorite things. Later he's going to draw me a bath. (And no, this isn't a set-up to a major purchase or anything. He's just being nice.)

Ok time to cut up tomatoes and things. Just wanted to jot all this down so there's an actual update of sorts.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.