0

I have a vision in my mind of a life that I've left behind

Posted by Slowplum on 1/26/2007 08:53:00 AM
I really, really love Sam Roberts.

So Friday finally came, after a long lost week.

I've been having strange dreams about my childhood that have left me waking up more than a little confused and sad. You know how things you haven't thought of in literally years just suddenly creep up out of nowhere? Yeah, that.

One day I'm really going to write a book about everything I've experienced. Nobody in their right mind would publish it, but I have a lot of stories to tell and boy howdy some of them are doozies.

I can't recall the last time I coined the term "doozies". Hell, I don't even really know how to spell that one.

The winter sunk its claws in and is sticking around after all. The kids are deliriously happy as this provides ample opportunities for flinging themselves down hills on plastic discs. I love that something that only cost me 3 bucks each can give them literally hours of entertainment. Take THAT, consumerism!

Partial confession of recent feelings. Warning: only half the story being told here. Don't draw too many conclusions. Something that's occurred to me more than once in recent time is the fact that most of my friends are only just starting their families, whereas mine is pretty much established and my eldest is nigh on the road to adolescence while their elder fry are only just getting potty trained. While on the one hand it's nice that they are on the same priority train as I am now, and can maybe understand why I would flake out on fun adult outings because K or C was sick etc, on the other hand we're still miles apart in some ways you know?

And then there's the realization that I'm probably one of the youngest parents in my kids' classrooms. Mind you this is something I came to terms with when C started school. There are all these little bonding cliques of the parent/kid teams in the classes and sad to say were it not for Hammer & to some degree Grrr I'd be completely out of any sort of social loop that most of these parents find themselves in. For the most part, and if I'm honest with myself, I truly don't care. But sometimes I do because I think "hmm... is this lack of any sort of attempt to relate to people (some of whom are old enough to be MY parents) stymying any sort of social agenda for my children?". And then I think "but I have tried, and they just have these little horse-blinders on, and I'm just a kid to them so of course they can't relate." Bah. The hilarious part is it's not like I was fifteen when I had C or anything - I was 22 for God's sake. Shows you how the parental agenda has most definitely taken a back seat in recent decades to allow for people to actually establish their lives & careers or whatever first. When I am most honest with myself, the truth is I would have waited before having kids as well. God's plans were just not in tune with my own selfish agenda that's all.

So that's a small part of a bigger problem (that has nothing to do with what I just spoke about) that has been rolling around in my head these days. There is much, so much more to it than that but the problem with the rest of it is: This is a public form of digesting my thoughts. While it is cathartic in a sense, it leads to the issue that some people reading this could possibly be offended by what else I'd have to say on what's going on. My feelings are just that - my feelings, but when expressing them in electronic form it could cause some misunderstandings that truly just aren't worth it. I read somewhere that people misinterpret about 89% of their email communications - I imagine the same holds for blogs. But some of this had to come out somewhere, so why not. What I've written about is no big secret or surprise, but is definitely something that's becoming more and more apparent in my life.

Enough diatribe for one post. Time to go toss together a marinade for tomorrow's meal.

PS: Hammer: marinade - mix some red or white wine (red gets better results, but some people prefer the flavor a rose gives. I don't know, about a cup or so? I just sort of pour some in a bowl), thinly sliced garlic, onion slices (I just quarter the onion down the ring so that it's for long pieces when you dice it up hope that makes sense), salt & pepper (pepper mill gets best results for flavor), 2-3 tablespoons (again, I guess the measurement, just add to taste) of that pepper sauce I gave you, and a little paprika. Some people get ambitious and slice up mushrooms too. Mix it all up. Toss the meat in. Let sit, oh, if you are short on time a half hr to an hr or so, if you have lots of time do it the night before even if you can. THen just cook the meat however you like to.

Soooooo tasty.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.