1

There's too many men, too many people making too many problems

Posted by Slowplum on 12/05/2006 09:44:00 PM
Tonight was last meeting for yr 2006 for parent council. It was also the Brownies Christmas party for the whole lot of them. S was working afternoons this week; I tossed a coin. Council won, as I slacked off from the last 2 meetings in deference to Brownies. Besides, there's another party next week for them with just their unit. I doubt C will be very much deprived. The kids went to my sisterinlaw's to be babysat while I went to the meeting.

As a treat for bringing home spectacular report cards, the kids got to choose supper tonight. Wendy's it is then. However the guy totally forgot C's fries which upset her but sisterinlaw to the rescue, she made some up in the oven for her.

There was a pretty big accident on one of the streets on my way to sisterinlaw's from Wendy's - I hate seeing all the flashing lights and firetrucks come zooming by. It just makes my heart lurch like you wouldn't believe.

There's a parent at our school who is incredibly ill right now. We're talking terminal, may not live to see Christmas type ill. I used to work with her husband and I'm just devastated for him, because I know how important his wife is to him.


My thoughts are all disjointed tonight because I have a bunch of parent council crap running around in there.

Apparently one of the political platforms of the upcoming Provincial election in October is the disintegration of the separate school board and having one, faithless school program across the board. Some believe even if there was just an "all faith" sort of school, this would be more acceptable than abolishing religion in the classroom altogether. The platform against the separatist ideal that comes part and parcel with Catholic education is of course smattered with half-truths, but it also has some very good points. Weighing in the pros and cons though, even if I wasn't Catholic, I would rather my kids go to Catholic school - in general it teaches them things that just aren't provided in a public system, and if some have their way will never be provided. Faith is important but along with that comes the typical social mores and graces that are extremely lacking in modern society - compassion, kindness, respect, et al. S is not Catholic in the least and even he was all for signing them up.

I don't know. It will prove to be a *very* interesting debate.

Blah di blah blah. I think the playground fundraising crap is almost complete. Which will just lead to future fundraising and budgeting debates. I keep reminding everyone that my job as treasurer is volunteer-based and requires me to do nothing further than disburse and deposit. If they want sound financial advice I am not available for comment; anything I would suggest would be rebuked anyway... or maybe not. The tides seem to be turning council-wise, with more parents of young children showing up and less "old guard". I'm hoping this establishes a trend of tossing out old systems and looking forward to new ways of improving things, but I won't hold my breath.

Ok enough typing for me. All you fuckers that aren't returning my emails - boo to you. Those of you who are going crazy at work trying to put out fires, or vacationing, have reprieve from my booing. Which is pretty much everyone probably.

Ok. Um. Also would miss bagohammers please provide me with Suzuki phone number? I seem to have lost that info - I know it was published in the newsgroup, but I did a massive cleanout of mail the other day. I suppose I could just email you to ask but I'm too lazy to open my email client. It's been that kind of day.

1 Comments


tee hee

boo to you hun.

Love
Lo

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.