3

NO. SLEEP. TILL BROOKLYN.

Posted by Slowplum on 12/22/2006 09:31:00 AM
So V is here - due to a date mix-up she came a day early, but we had fun nonetheless. My mother did her usual guilt&martyrdom dance of "your house better be clean, this girl is sleeping over, bla bla bla and also here are all the things you did wrong with regards to your children and their Christmas concert". I don't want to get into it because I'll just get angry or cry.

I have to work today which totally sucks but V is sticking around until I'm done and then we'll spend another evening together and I'll take her home.

Christmas is only in a few days and I could care less at this point - and it makes me very sad to say that.

The kids are going to be happy though.

S bought a Wii. That is our gift to each other. I still got him stocking stuffers though.

Ok. I'd better go.

3 Comments


Where did you get the Wii?


I still haven't gotten the Christmas spirit either. Part of it is that we're trying to observe Advent this year and I don't want to go all "wahoo Christmas" too early. I do find that listening to Dean Martin's "Making Spirits Bright" album helps.

I dunno, maybe I should have joined the mad throng of shoppers. Despite my anti-consumerism holiday rants, maybe it does kindle some enthusiasm in me in spite of myself.

It would be better if there really was a little dance that your mom did while she was reciting her guilt and martyrdom litany.

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.