0

It's Christmas time pretty baby

Posted by Slowplum on 12/17/2006 10:09:00 AM
So we had a Christmas gathering at my parents' house last night since they are going to Portugal on the 22nd. There was a metric fuckton of food and booze and whatever you could possibly think of. The kids got a LOT of clothes and new snowsuits and only 1 toy each from my parents (my mom actually *listened* this year when I asked her to slow down on the toy purchases). My vavo gave them each new pajamas and then my brother & his girlfriend gave them both the Harry Potter Scene It game and ten dollars each. Overall, they were pretty content.

My parents loved their gifts from me which is a huge relief as I'm always struggling to find something they will love and/or actually use. I gave my mother this porcelain statuette of a mother and daughter holding hands and it looks like they might be playing ring around the rosy or something. My father I gave a big bucket with wine and some glasses and a martini shaker and then a DVD of choice episodes from Welcome Back, Kotter. He's big on nostalgia so he was all over that.

My brother and I have stopped exchanging gifts - what we do instead is all go out for dinner sometime before or after the holiday and spend our money on food and time together rather than gifts we may or may not need.

The kids' Christmas concert is next Wednesday. As class rep I'm supposed to call parents to remind them about it and about what they need to bring - in all honesty I just don't have the gusto to do it... plus I seem to have lost my call list. Hmm.

So there's exactly one week until Christmas. It still feels surreal to me - the year went by FAST.
My brother celebrated his 29th birthday on the 11th. He isn't looking much forward to thirty - I told him 30 was probably the best birthday I had, and I'm sure it'll be the same for him.

Ok time to go.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.