0

If I were a carpenter and you were a lady, would you marry me anyway?

Posted by Slowplum on 12/26/2006 11:59:00 AM
S got me awesome stocking stuffers this year, including a box of bobby pins with a magnetic opening so they don't fall out all over the place, the best hairbrush in the universe, a box of Lindor chocolates, and a 2-disc Christmas album featuring most of my favorites - Sinatra, Cole, Fitzgerald, Martin, good ol' Bing - the list goes on.

The kids loved their gifts from Santa - for C, I managed to pull a miracle out of my ass and find one of those little 5 dollar dolls she was looking for. This pleased her beyond belief, and C was just as pleased and hasn't parted with her mp3 player (we only got it for 29 bucks! Talk about a steal). K has set up and pulled apart his Dino Attack Lego more times than I care to mention (mainly because yours truly got to be his "helper" the whole time), and enjoyed his little plastic Army Men immensely.

Both our sets of parents showed restraint this year when it came to gift-giving and this makes us very, very happy. S got a new cordless drill & bits from his folks and I got a bunch of Sudoku puzzle books and a Cranium Turbo board game, among little things here and there. The kids only got two big toys each and then books and things. C got Bella Dancerella Pop Star from S's parents and she just loves it - it's basically karaoke and dance game all at once. She can't wait to show her friend Z. She also got some Littlest Pet Shop thing - I don't know, I find it hard to keep up with all the new kid things! K got a Fur Real pet cat which he has been lugging around and loving because it isn't like his real kitty that doesn't let him hold her for long. He also got a dinosaur and truck thing which is pretty cool - the T-rex roars and everything.

We all love the Wii and I especially like that it gets the kids up and moving. Today we caved and purchased The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and for yours truly, Trauma Center: Second Opinion. Rogers video was giving out coupons allowing for 20 bucks off when you purchased two games. Hoorah! The Trauma Center game is wicked - you are more or less an OR surgeon and get to perform operations - from making the incision to stitching the patient up again - removing bad body parts, the whole deal. This appeals to me because I am especially geeky & macabre, I guess. I bet Hammer's daughter would like it since she keeps saying she wants to be a doctor - heck I bet C would get a kick out of it. It is rated T though so I'm going to see how bad it is before suggesting she play it.

Ok, that's enough product whoring for one post, non?

Hope everyone had an awesome holiday. I'll post photos later maybe.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.