0

Baby, it's cold outside

Posted by Slowplum on 12/04/2006 08:45:00 AM
Woke up to SNOW! And the kids were EXCITED! Because LOOK MOM, SNOW!

You know why I was excited? Because my car was in the garage and I didn't have to clean it up or heat it up. Bwahaha! I'm very, very glad that my hubby [who I am from this point forward going to label just "S" for his name rather than SO which initially meant "Significant Other" (we've been married six years, I think the term has outgrown itself by this point no?)] had the foresight to do a major clean-out of the garage in October so we could fit the car in it.

Mmmm, cappuccino. It's cold outside and nothing tastes better than that first warm drink of winter. The kids are hella excited at the prospect of having hot chocolate every afternoon now. That's their favorite part about getting kicked into the backyard to play - the coming in to warm cocoa with marshmallows.

My sisterinlaw loaned out Donkey Konga to us with a couple sets of bongo-drum-controllers. So I played it for a couple of hours last night and now my left hand is all seized up from the clapping and slapping the drums viciously to prove to S I could out-drum him to "All The Small Things". It was that or "Hungarian Dance #5 in G Minor". I kicked his ass six ways to Sunday. Man has no rhythm. "Turkish March" was surprisingly easy for me too. The only thing that gave me lots of grief was the Zelda medley.

Friday I had a gathering in my home for that book club thing I'm in. It was the Christmas gathering so we had a gift exchange. The girl who got my name got me spa stuff, whee! I'm actually excited about that because it's all vanilla scented which I actually like, plus I'm out of bath stuff anyway. Nothing is better for relaxation to me than a nice hot bath with a book and a glass of something, whether it be wine or water or whatever. It makes me feel all peaceful and sleepy.

The goodies exchange was awesome and I came home with lots of treats on Friday which were put to good use when the ladies came over. We had a potluck so I supplied dessert (naturally) and everyone brought delicious things.

Um. I had more to say but suddenly I'm sleepy and noticed I have dishes to do. Yuck.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.