0

moody

Posted by Slowplum on 2/03/2003 06:46:00 AM
Yesterday was a pretty emotionally charged day for me. Cried no less than three times. Had a long talk with SO about how I've been feeling about everything. Stressed beyond the boiling point. Feeling like a failure in pretty much every area of my life. It is so hard to be mother, daughter, wife, employee, friend all at once and there are only so many hours. How can I keep up?

At one point in the day my daughter was sitting in my lap looking up at pictures on our entertainment unit. "Is that a picture of me?" I nod. "And that's a picture of brother?" Yup. "Why are they there?" I said, "because I'm so proud to have you two, I like to have your pictures up so everyone can see them."

She thought this over for a while. Then she gave me a big hug and whispered into my ear, "Mommy, I am so proud of you." I tried not to cry but it was exactly what I needed to hear. I cried a little and hugged her tight.

Children keep you afloat. Even when sometimes it seems like they are contributing to drowning you.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.