0

everybody wang chung tonight.

Posted by Slowplum on 3/23/2007 08:55:00 AM in , , , , , ,
We went to King Buffet last night at S's insistence - he had a hankering for buffet food and the kids were right on board with that one. K loves that he can fill his own plate with whatever he chooses, C loves that there's a large variety, they both love the desserts, and I love that we don't have 20 minutes of the kids going "I'm hunnnnnnnnnnngry" and "when's the food coming?" and "moooooom, he's coloring on my side of the table" or whatever-have-you. I'm not a big buffet eater, but they did expand their seafood selection, so I was happy as well.

This weekend S & I are going to Medieval Times through one of his work's social club functions. I am looking forward to it, but I'm also tired, so I'm thinking I'll need a power-nap tomorrow morning at some point. I just feel so drained. I think it's because I've spent the past month healing, and getting a bad infection, and healing some more, all the while choking down emotional issues because I am a wife a mother an employee and don't have time to digest that stuff. I know it's going to catch up to me; I know I know I know. You don't have to tell me. I know. But for now I'm content with choking it down and shoving it deep undercover and not thinking about it. For now.

In more superficial news, what the hell America? Voting someone who can actually sing off American Idol and allowing people who have the talent and charm of dry toast is just mind-boggling to me. You know what I'm talking about.

Is it sad that I'm tempted to try Americone Dream? Truthiness of taste aside, the flavor combination is a good one. We'll see.

You know what I love? SPRING. You know what else? It's practically here!!! March came in like a den of half-starved lions; here's hoping the adage is somewhat correct, and it will leave like roasted lambs on spits. Mmm. Lamb on a spit.

On that note, time to put in the last day of the work week.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.