0

baby baby baby

Posted by Slowplum on 3/27/2007 08:07:00 AM in , , , , ,
So M's baby arrived! Sunday March 25, little Samantha Rose arrived on the scene at a whopping 6 lbs 9 oz - pretty big for a premie if you ask me! She's gorgeous and has a full head of hair. However it always breaks my heart to see them in incubators full of tubes and holes. She was born on M's Dad's birthday, so needless to say that man is extra-proud right now. My Dad came and got me C & K last night and he took the kids to his house while I walked to the hospital to go visit her - may as well be walking, it's spring now and I need it. In any case, the baby's beautiful, and smells that wonderful newborn smell, and coos and is just about perfect.

And while I'm so happy for them, I'm also a little bit ripped to pieces.

Tonight C has brownies and I have to go help my Dad install a CD-burning program because he's suddenly in the mood to make CDs again.

Oh. Medieval Times. Right. That was good and fun and full of brutish yawlping and ripping meat off bones and overpriced novelty drinks. Ours was the Blue Knight and he totally lost and we didn't care, we just kept on yelling and S kept on shouting "You're my boy, Blue!" just like in that movie and it got a few laughs and then suddenly half the men in our section were yelling it intermittently. I got the flower hurrah, and remembered why I loved the Executioner drink. Pomtinis on the bus on the way there and back and drunken text-messaging to pass the time (apologies to those who were recipients of my ramblings, although the responses indicated you were also drinking haha). Then cabbing it home from his workplace. Tumble bumble into the door. I was the happy level of drunkenness where I didn't have to worry about being sick or spinny. Just a lighter head, a lighter heart. I needed it.

I have other things to say but my mind keeps hitting the pause button.

Time to get the kids to school.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.