1

My friend don't just sit there and ruminate with your navel to contemplate it's a beautiful day outside

Posted by Slowplum on 3/20/2007 11:44:00 AM in , , , ,
Went out for breakfast with Sir T this morning, which was awesome and just what I needed (seriously, he's like, the best breakfast buddy ever. Just the right amount of food and conversation, little to no lulls, and the right mixture of lackadaisical and hurried so that the event doesn't seem too rushed or dragged). However, sometimes I do feel like I'm in a time-sink, and had I no other plans I could have easily wasted the day talking with him. The funny thing is it seems that the only time we actually get together, it involves eating somehow.

Memo to self: get the book he keeps talking about before he crams it down my throat.

I took today off to go see M in the hospital today. I'm just waiting for a mutual friend to get off work soon so we can go. We're going to stop at the mall first and pick up some things to help amuse M as she will more or less be stuck in a hospital bed until she's ready to bring the baby home. It must be nerve-wracking for her considering she has 4 boys at home, and this is likely the longest she's been away from them ever. J has stepped up to the plate nicely though and is taking care of them. They in turn are also being well-behaved, understanding that J has no idea what he's doing (whose laundry belongs to whom? Who has a project due? Who needs to go to a birthday party?) and that it'll probably stress their mom out more if they act up. That is pretty astute all things considered. Kids are smarter than people give them credit for.

Ok time to toss together some chili in the slow-cooker for S so that he isn't starving when he gets home, and then I'm off to the races.

1 Comments


I know you've given me the recipe before but could you resend it to me, for the slow cooker chili?

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.