0

really really wanna zigazig ah

Posted by Slowplum on 10/29/2005 01:29:00 PM
So um. I almost cut off the tip of my middle finger yesterday using the mandolin slicer to make scalloped potatoes. As luck would have it my pain sensors stopped me about halfway through. I quickly went to the bathroom and started rinsing, and the blood just kept pouring out so I used one hand to get out the first aid kit and toss some gauze around it and then called my father-in-law to drive me to the hospital to get it looked at. I brought the cutter with me so that they knew what I was talking about when I told them what happened.

The doctor wouldn't stitch me up though because it would mean peeling my nail back to do it and then there would be scarring on my nail bed and a big bloody mess so he just used a butterfly encloser thingiedoo and bandaged me up. It hurts like hell and is really putting a damper on my knitting efforts.

Dinner with the parents went very well last night in spite of injuries and a good time was had by all. My parents were impressed with the food which I don't know if I should take as a compliment or insult. (Compliment: I'm a good cook. Insult: Didn't they know that already? Why are they surprised?)

Tonight is the Halloween dance in Tavistock, friends and I are going as the spice girls, and SO has decided at the last minute that he no longer feels like going. BOO to him. I'm a bit snarly about that but meh, what can you do. No point in forcing the issue as he can be a real killjoy when the mood suits him, and I'm perfectly fine going out on my own.

It took all I had to drag him out of the house this morning to come with me and the kids to their skating class. K only lasted a 1/2 hr on the ice before begging off, but C stayed the whole time; she is really enjoying it.

Ok time to go get last minute things for tonight and possibly finish off the scarf (almost there, whee!)

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.