0

Please, give me a second grace

Posted by Slowplum on 10/28/2005 10:40:00 AM
I have had that Nick Drake song stuck in my head all morning, probably because of watching the Royal Tennenbaums last night. I love that movie like nobody's business.

Went in to K's class today to help out with the Halloween (read: Orange and Black Day) festivities. They had games and all kinds of treats and things. Fun was had by all the little ones, though I don't know how his teacher is going to live through the afternoon with a bunch of excited, sugared-up 4 and 5 year olds. Bless her. I brought her in a hot raspberry smoothie, to give her a boost. Those things are so, so good.

Tonight the parents come over, per my SO's invitation. I have a lot to do, may as well roll up my sleeves and do it.

Last night the SO asked me something interesting. He asked me, if we hadn't had kids, would I still have married him? Would I marry him still? And my answer was yes I said yes I will yes.

And the fact that he totally got it, that I was quoting Ulysses, even though he hates James Joyce and only knows that it's Ulysses because I've read parts to him, is part of what I love about him. Don't ask where that thought pattern came from, I think I'm having a mushy moment or something. (And no, I'm not implying that I've made a cuckhold of him, as Molly did to Leopold, I just like that line.)

Time for more Tennenbaums maybe, for background noise while I'm cleaning.

I've fallen so far
For the people you are
I just need your star for a day.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.