0

bla bla bla

Posted by Slowplum on 10/16/2005 08:53:00 AM
JG is gone. We helped him move out yesterday. I'm sorta happy, sorta sad.

Happy = hooray! I get to walk around in my underwear again!

Sad = now who's going to watch Spongebob with me when the kids are asleep and I'm waiting for SO to come home?

JG says fear not, we will see more of him as he has to eat eventually. :P

I didn't sleep a wink Friday on account of my having a test Saturday morning, so at 4 am I threw together a chili in the slow cooker for the boys for after the move. I also wrote down the recipe for JG so he can do it himself. The recipe is simple as all get out, and went thusly:



Hooray for Chili! A Recipe
(a.k.a. I have insomnia, let’s waste time before I have to go write a dumb test!)

You will need (food):
1-2 lbs. burger meat
3 small cans of beans and 2 small cans tomato paste
mushrooms, sliced (fresh or canned)
½ a small onion (diced)
water (2 tomato paste cans’ worth)
Cajun spice
Mexican chili powder
Paprika
Cayenne pepper
Ground peppercorn (what? No pepper mill? Fine. Be that way. Just use normal black pepper then! See if I care!)
Salt
Hot sauce

You will need (not-so-foodlike):
A frying pan
A slow-cooker
Various utensils (mostly spoons)
A can-opener
TIME.

Cooking instructions:

Ok. So. Fry up the burger meat in the pan. If you feel like it, fry the onion @ same time as burger. Or wait and put in pot. It’s really up to you. Now while the burger is frying (you can multi-task, can’t you?) open up the cans of beans and tomato paste, and empty them into the slow cooker. (Don’t forget to plug the damn thing in, and yes you know you probably will, so do it now. NOW.) Fill up two tomato paste tins’ worth of water. Add to the mix. Put in mushrooms (drain them first if canned pls) and diced onion. Get a big wooden spoon and try not to break it stirring all the stuff up. DON’T FORGET THE MEAT! YOU ALMOST BURNED IT YOU PUTZ. Ok, back to the slow-cooker. Here’s where it gets tricky because I’m not much of a measuring type. So here are some estimates. Toss in:

1-2 tsp ground peppercorn (or black pepper if you insist)
4 tbsp Mexican chili powder
2 tbsp cayenne
1 tbsp paprika
1-2 tbsp Cajun spice
a dash of salt
2-10 drops of hot sauce, use your discretion here.
If you can’t stand the heat, get rid of the spices that start with a C. Add and subtract spices as necessary.

Mix all that stuff in. The meat should be done by now. Toss that in too and stir it all up. Smells good, huh? What? No? DID YOU REMEMBER TO PLUG THE COOKER? DID YOU REMEMBER TO TURN IT ON? Jeez. I have to do everything myself, don’t I? Cook this concoction until it smells like you must eat it RIGHT NOW.

Cooking instructions (alternative method):

Buy all the ingredients. Call G. Beg her to cook it for you.



So yeah, JG's gone, and SO and I have to go to his cousin A's wedding today (yes, on a SUNDAY, no, I have no idea why).

C is loving Brownies and has already sold a case of cookies and is looking to sell more and I bet she will because she's quite the little salesperson.

She calls up my Dad and says "Vavu (portuguese word for grandpa) guess what! You won't believe it! I FINALLY got my Girl Guide cookies! So how many did you want? They are only FOUR dollars a box, so three boxes would be TWELVE dollars! Isn't that great?" and he totally went for it and bought them.

Then she calls up SO's Dad and says "Granpa! Guess what! My cookies finally came! I know you LOVE cookies! And Vavu already bought THREE boxes, so how many do you want?"

So yeah, he got three boxes as well.

JG bought three boxes, I told him he didn't have to and he said hells no it isn't to be all helpful, it's because he loves cookies and I bloody well know that. Bwaha.

I have no idea what to wear to A's wedding. Damn.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.