2

dress-up time

Posted by Slowplum on 10/22/2005 10:44:00 PM
I got off my lazy buttocks and re-vamped the ol' blog. Huzzah! I think it looks pretty snazzy, no offense to the "Ms. Moto" template I was using before but it didn't really fit with the title.

What does really fit with the title is my current beverage. Mmm. It has been a very long time since I've had one.

SO & me and the kids had dinner together @ home last night, SO picked up some steaks and barbecued them up, we made some rice and veggies and we all got to drink from wine glasses just because it was a "special occasion". The kids were amazed that they were "invited to mom and dad's anniversary dinner!" but hell, we like their company and neither of us have been in the mood to get away or anything lately.

K woke up crying his head off at 4 am, complaints about a sore neck abound. We did the typical paranoid mother at 4 am testing of "move your head around please, let's take your temperature, hurrah you don't have menengitis, stop sleeping on 60 pillows already" and then of course he had to come in to bed with us to cuddle because he was hurty and grouchy and wanted cuddle time with mom. At 4 am who am I to argue, I just want some sleep.

So I ended up sleeping in and missing my final exam and that's ok because I talked it over with the prof and she's fine with it as long as I can make it up by either coming in during the week to take it or writing an extra research project. I am thinking the latter, but we'll see.

Bleh. So tired.

I picked up an interesting book from the library, "A Feast of Poisons" by C.L. Grace. It's pretty good actually, it takes place around the time of Henry the VI and Louis XI. There is murder and intrigue and gruesome stuff all over the place in this book, a very good read.

That being said, time to go read said book.

Can you recommend an author? Why are they your favourite?

2 Comments


I like Patricia Cornwell, her books are mind boggling and i can never figure out who the killer is :)


ooo good, i like a good mystery!

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.