0
Posted by Slowplum on 10/16/2003 05:22:00 AM
So I've been up with K since 3 because he's sick. Yet again I am cornered with the daunting decision of "do I stay home? or do I suck it up, send him to the babysitter anyway, and go to work?" Being a mom is so tricky sometimes. I will see how he feels when he wakes up in a few hours.

I have a mid-term test tonight, and am very nervous about it. There is only so much information I can cram into my head. Trying to fit a pint's worth of information into a shotglass of a brain. Yeah. Spillage everywhere. So I am going to dress up extra nicely, thus tricking myself into believing that if I *look* successful, I will *be* so.

According to my oh-so-clever Shoebox(tm) day planner, today is National Boss's Day. I wonder, which nation is it that is celebrating this auspicious day? If it were all nations, surely they would call it International Boss's Day? I can just see the fabulous Boss Day parades, with over-worked secretaries tapdancing down the street with their dictophones and somewhere a float with a big brass band blaring out "Nine to Five". And people dressed up as the cast of Dilbert throwing memo pads and paperclip chains out into the crowds. Ok. Clearly I need more sleep. To celebrate this day I made fudge, which I may or may not share with my boss.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.