0

defeated

Posted by Slowplum on 10/09/2003 02:39:00 PM
So I ended up coming home early from work to pick C up from school. *sigh* The poor little bug is sleeping on the couch now; my in-laws are going to pick Kevin up from the babysitters.

This is fine, I just wish I didn't have to call eleventy-billion people before leaving. Seriously. If I have to call in sick, I call my first boss, my second boss, plant 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8, Chrysler's broker, GM's broker, Ford's broker, Stats Canada, our purchasing department, the back-up switchboard operator, and the accounting department. So nine times out of ten? I go in sick anyway. So. Since I had to leave early to pick C up from school, not only did I have to call all these people, I had to make sure all loose ends were tied up and promise to return sometime tonight to do the batch of commercial invoices for the early-hours shipments for tomorrow. Yesh. It sucks. Also I had to scramble to find someone to cover the front desk duties, which was like pulling teeth. fuuuuuuck.

Being a mom is so hard some days. My only instinct was to drop everything and get her; instead I had to dance circles before leaving. Thus, it took 45 minutes to leave. *sigh*

Now I am having second thoughts about going to school tonight, because I hate leaving my kids when they are sick. Also, I would have to go to work immediately after school at odd hours to fulfill my obligation there. What a mess. I just want to cry, because I have wanted to go back so badly, and now that I'm back I keep having to miss it because of other obligations. I am putting my own self on the back burner to fill up everybody else's agenda. It is almost sickening. The motherhood bit is not the issue here. It's all the other crap. :'(

Why am I even bothering to write all this down? Blah bla bla waaaa waaaa. SHut up, right? Right.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.