0

abject object subject to rejection.

Posted by Slowplum on 10/08/2003 06:50:00 AM
So bigwigs of our company from all corners are coming either today or tomorrow. Which means everybody is on full tight-pants mode. Scurrying to get things done, and I have to laugh because you just know the wigs will come in and smell the new paint, see the waxed floors, and know we scraped it all together at the last minute, even though they gave us a month's notice of the visit. Goes to show you, organization is caput these days.

I've been asked to wear my Sunday bestest (read: put on a damn skirt for once) as I am at the front desk and therefore the first person they get to see. Smile pretty. Laugh at their jokes. Etc. I detest these things but I am good at putting on the face for them, so.

Tomorrow is also picture day for my daughter at school. She's pretty excited about it but also a little worried, she doesn't like photographer types, she says they give her the heebie-jeebies. Must be all that waving puppets in her face when she was littler to get her to smile. Can't say as I blame her.

My son has a cold and I think I'm getting one as well. I think it's from all the zig-zagging the weather has been doing of late. Just what I need, a freaking cold. Bleh.

A friend of mine is in hospital from bad diabetic attack, has been since Friday. I can't say that I am too surprised; he has a rather lax attitude towards his diabetes, regardless of the fact that he was diagnosed at 12-13, he doesn't do the blood sugar testing or any of that nonsense, just takes his insulin when he feels he needs to, and eats whatever, etc. I am a little worried about him, and am hoping he pulls together fine.

This link is for [info]quizro, just in case he needs to build a rocket: http://www.crack-a-jack.com/rocket/index.html

Time for work now. Tick-tock.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.