0

Update! For the mildly curious and insanely bored.

Posted by Slowplum on 7/24/2003 08:03:00 AM
So.

The buck and doe on the weekend was great, because there were people there I haven't seen in a while and also because SO and I haven't been out together doing something fun without kids in tow for a long, long time. Well. The kids were there for the dinner part and they entertained everyone with their dancing. C was whooping it up like she was on flashdance, sliding across the floor and everything. She came up to the table at one point and I asked her if she wanted any more to eat and she said, rather seriously, "no thanks mom, I have to go back to work." and ran off and did her gymnastics in the middle of the floor again. SO's parents were good enough to take the kids home with them and SO's father offered to pick us up at the end of the event so we wouldn't have to fork out money for a cab.

Needless to say, I had a bit to drink. Ok a lot. I was matching him drink for drink, at one point I think I even passed him. A lot of it was a blur but mostly it was fun. Also had a long talk with one of our friends who is going through a bit of a bad patch; his wife left him back in June. We are all shocked and outraged about the events that led up to this defection and I'd detail it here but some matters are not for public dissection. I feel so awful for this guy, he's one of those nice people that everyone loves and wouldn't hurt a fly. Yeah.

A friend from work showed up at the event as well which was sort of neat, though it's difficult to mix both worlds together, know?

After the buck and doe we all went to the bar where most of us actually didn't even want to be. The bar is loud and annoying full of obnoxious drunks and just not my scene anymore. After about a half hour there we all went to our friend SC's (the guy whose wife left him) home and drank some more and just talked. It was really nice.

Came home just in time to greet the morning birds. Stayed up longer and talked and whatever. Went to bed and ended up tossing and turning until finally giving up, getting up and watching television. Stayed up long enough to watch the George Burns & Gracie Allen show (yow!) and fell asleep halfway through Cosby. Woke up an hour later still feeling drunk. Yeah. Sort of sat on the couch curled up into a ball until around noon when I finally got enough energy to get up, take a shower and wake up SO.

His parents came and dropped the kids off, then SO's mom was good enough to take me and C to the grocery store to get some last minute supplies for K's birthday (as I was in no condition to drive, hungover and all).

Went to work Monday STILL hungover. Was long, long day. Came home and we had planned a bbq for K, so naturally it poured rain. Nonetheless, the bbq went on and everyone was well fed and K got spoiled and all was well. I cannot believe my baby is three.

Tuesday and Wednesday was a blur of trying to tie up loose ends before taking time off today through to next Tuesday. So yeah. Don't recall much about that.

SO bought Star Wars Galaxies, it actually looks neat (from an outsider's point of view) but I bet it is still buggy as all hell.

He also re-started his Dark Age of Camelot account and bought the expansion. Oi.

Did I mention I really want a truck? I do. We had to get the car fixed last week and after inconveniencing us for three days in a row they finally acquiesced and gave us a courtesy vehicle - free of charge, woo! Gorgeous truck, don't ask me what make because I am car stupid. It was a ford and it was black and it had a back seat in the cab and all kinds of room and it was like flying down the road because I was up so high. Mmm. Truck.

So the car is all fixed which was another big bite out of our money situation. So buck and doe investment + k's birthday + fixing the car + not one, but TWO online games purchased (poss. three, don't know if he quit EQ yet) = no birthday happiness for me. Yeah. I don't want to talk about it, ok? It just upsets me.

Time to go do anything but work.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.