0

"Look mum, sparklings!"

Posted by Slowplum on 7/02/2003 06:30:00 AM
Took the kids over to my inlaws to see the city fireworks from their backyard. They live ridiculously close to the SERC site where they go off and coincidentally just around the corner from us. So we all walked over and sat in their backyard and ate watermelon and flashed sparklers.

When the fireworks went off finally the kids were riveted the entire time. Every once in a while K would shout "Look! Mum! Sparklings!" which made my heart smile. I love fireworks and I'm glad all the noise doesn't scare my kids.

The stars were up and out on full display last night as well; as soon as darkness fell, the kids found one and wished. I think they wished on every star they saw. It's so sweet, C will whisper her wishes to the stars but if you ask her about them she says she cannot tell you because if she did they would never come true.

C really surprised me yesterday; her room has been a horrid mess lately. Well when I came home yesterday she told me she'd cleaned it all by herself, one step at a time. I went up and sure enough it was spotless. She asked me if I was still mad at her, which confused me a little because I don't recall yelling or doing anything that would suggest that I was mad. I told her of course I wasn't, don't be silly, I was proud of her and then I tickled her until she was a heap of giggles on the floor.

She's really becoming an excellent artist. She was showing me pictures she'd drawn yesterday while I was at work and I was blown away. For five years old she is very meticulous and pays a lot of attention to little details. Like father like daughter, I s'pose.

Whoops, forgot to pack a lunch for work. Later, folks.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.