0

Oh simple thing where have you gone? I'm getting old and I need something to rely on...

Posted by Slowplum on 2/23/2007 09:36:00 AM in , , , , , ,
I'm not much one to watch reality shows, but I must confess I have been watching American Idol. Here's the thing. I really love Simon. Why? Because he's honest. If he says you suck, chances are you probably do.

Blake Lewis the beatbox dude covered Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know" the other night and I have to say I was pretty impressed. Out of all the male performances that night his was the only one that made me think "wow, that guy's pretty good". Chris Sligh is pretty good but he has to learn to not sing ahead of the music. The female performances the next night knocked the boys out of the park. Seriously. Lakisha Jones could be the next Aretha. Melinda Doolittle is also pretty awesome, ditto Gina Glockson.

Maybe I like American Idol because I love music. I tend to not watch it until the preliminaries are done though. It is troublesome to me, the way they parade people who can't sing and are being earnest in front of the 3 judges who then dissect and make fun of them. I realize that the show is pandering to the wishes of the American public, and that is something that is even more troublesome when you think on it.

The other show I really love is Hell's Kitchen. Chef Gordon Ramsay is such a cheeky blighter, and his challenges can be pretty intense. I've been watching reruns of the last season on the "uncensored" version which is pretty damn funny. Luckily it's on after the kids are in bed, or they'd have a pretty colorful vocabulary paraded before them.

I've had a doozy of a cold this week, which culminated in my being off work yesterday. I still feel like hell today but am going to be stupid and drag myself in, even if I get sent home later at least they'll see I tried. I know that's pretty ridiculous thinking but intent is a powerful thing and as I've missed a lot of work recently due to, um, medical procedures, I'd rather not push my luck.

Ok, time to go take a mini-nap before dragging myself in. Later taters.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.