0

Doctor doctor give me the news

Posted by Slowplum on 2/12/2007 07:22:00 PM in , , , , , ,
So I've been given the ok to go back to work. This makes me happy sort of, as I am one of those types that doesn't like not working, but sad sort of, because I'm still not over some things yet. I have a lot of thinking to do; the doctor is now discussing the possibility of a uterine ablation at some point. I don't really want to get into how and why we got to this point - suffice it to say, I have a lot of thinking to do.

I'm kind of nervous about going back into work tomorrow. It's not like returning from a holiday or a bit of the flu; I've been gone long enough for fellow employees to start speculating, and wondering, and talking amongst themselves. The one girl I get along with quite well, whom I shall call Rose from this point forward for my own devious reasons, actually went so far as to track down my phone number on Friday and call me in between calls at work. I explained briefly what was happening, knowing full well she would keep it to herself. In an office of 500 people, gossip can be (IS) rampant and finding someone who doesn't share information is pretty damn rare. She was pretty empathetic, wished me well and reminded me she'd be on holiday this week but if I needed anything to let her know.

Aside from Rose however there are some pretty bad gossips, one who sits right behind me and constantly pokes and prods me (literally), asks too many questions, and doesn't like that most of my answers are brief. I'm sorry but I know that whatever I tell you is going to be known by the general public in the matter of a day or two. I don't need it and don't want it and I'm prepared to tell her to go to hell politely but I'm hoping it doesn't get to that point.

I just finished baking chocolate chip banana muffins. K gets to bring one or two to the school for a snack swap they are doing on Valentine's day. Hopefully things go well for him - he has a particular person in mind, and is hoping he won't have to figure out someone else if they get chosen already. Both kids finished writing their Valentines over the weekend. They're pretty cute about it - very particular about who gets what Valentine.

Ok. I need to get them started settling down, maybe play a game with them before bedtime. Hug them to death and be thankful God gave them to me.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.