0

The wheels on the bus go

Posted by Slowplum on 2/01/2007 11:44:00 PM
Took the kids on a mini-adventure today aka public transportation. They'd never been on a city bus before, since anywhere we usually go we either drive or walk. But S had the car today and it was a PA day and they were driving me bonkers in the house. So I bundled them up and onto the bus.

They were fascinated.

We went to the mall and picked up the majority of Z's present and then some oddball things for ourselves. Then we took the bus back home. Again, they thought it was the cat's pajamas.

"You're the best mom ever!"

Doesn't take much to please my darlings, no it doesn't indeed.

I just got finished my statement of accounts for last year's thing for school council. My eyes are blurry and the worst part is I still haven't justified all the receipts so I have to call the volunteer accountant who works on the yearly charity report for tax purposes and see if we can't muddle together what really happened (it's a really, really long story involving the changing of the guard for treasury and a LOT of miscommunication). Not to mention there's a council meeting on Tuesday and I will be on the hot seat to explain the income/disbursements for the playground in minute detail. Right. Like it's my fault that the fundraisers still owe a couple hundred bucks to the general ledger they borrowed from to pay off the damn thing in the first place. I think I might just snap if anyone gives me guff because frankly, it's a fucking volunteer job and it's my duty to deposit & disburse, nothing more.

Why am I doing this again? No really.

I'm going to try to sleep but fat chance of that because when I get worked up like this my stomach gets in knots and I can't get comfortable and I can't sleep worth a darn.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.