0

she looks like a sugar in a plum, plum plum

Posted by Slowplum on 11/27/2006 11:21:00 PM
I have Boney M trilling in my brain right now. Eesh.

I've baked the first two of what looks like is going to be about 5 trays of buttertart squares for the Christmas treat exchange at work. I may never be able to look another buttertart square in the face... doubtful though. I do love those things. What will happen though is any leftovers I have will have to be disbursed among friends. Any takers?

K's French teacher approached my MIL and went on about how phenomenal K is at languages and how quickly he's picked up French. Make me crow? Yes indeedy.

SO is hot for Wii. It's too bad Wii keeps eluding him. (note: edited this after the fact. Initially I had written "alluding". Damn you, internet. You are destroying my spelling and grammar, little by little.) I *told* him to pre-order. Men never listen, do they? Unless they're getting a suggestion from another man. That's a different story.

For instance, we've started working on our basement. There have already been several times where I've made a suggestion or told him we have to do something because of safety codes, and he totally blows it off. Right. Because helping my Dad build every damn basement in every house we ever owned, plumbing electrical and everything, from measuring to going to the suppliers to haggling for better prices to measuring twice, cutting once, makes me less qualified than SO who has never built anything that wasn't somehow configured electronically (read: computer geek). Then JG will go ahead and make the same damn suggestion and SO will be all "Oh yeah, that makes total sense man. I can see how it would be a bad idea to leave the stairs open-concept instead of putting a railing in. We do have a six-year old monkey after all." WHAT? That's right son. JG is actually telling him the same things, and getting a very different response than I am.

I'm not bitter. I promise.

Rrrr I have an itchy foot and it won't go away. I'm sure you all needed to know that.

Sisinlaw is getting not one but two kittens. C is very happy about this - she loves kitties and is dying to meet them so she can spoil them.

Brotherinlaw is getting along smashingly with his new girlfriend, so hurrah! I'm so happy for him. Even if things don't work out in the end, at least now he knows he can attract a sane, happy girl with a good sense of humor and little to no baggage. Instead of the alternative, which believe me I could fill a book about.

Nothing more to report.

Plum plum!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.