0

If you're listening, sing it back

Posted by Slowplum on 11/14/2006 09:20:00 AM
I woke up to Jimmy Eat World blaring out of SO's clock radio. Startled the bejesus out of me and SO. SO managed to get back to sleep no problem though.

I baked like the Dickens on Sunday. The results were very good and I'll be lucky if it makes it past Wednesday. Mostly the reason for baking was that C's group in Brownies was responsible for goodies for tonight's initiation celebration of the new girls in Brownies. C is sponsoring none other than her nemesis from last year-turned-friend, E. I'm glad the girls managed to sort things out. It's amazing what a summer can do. I have also noticed though that C seems a lot more confident this year. I have no idea what was the catalyst for change but I like it.

I can't believe Christmas is a little over a month away. I feel so ill-prepared. Usually by now I have over half my Christmas shopping done. Not so this year, I'm really slacking for some reason. Oh well I'm sure it will all go well.

Went out for brunch/lunch with Sir T yesterday as it was my day off and the alternative was watching SO sleep on the couch all day getting his energy up for afternoon shift. We went to the new Indian restaurant and I got the tandoori which was pretty good but not as "extremely spicy" as the menu would have you believe. Soooo much food though, I was stuffed. Nice restaurant though and you definitely get your money's worth. I hope it manages to stay in business; it would be a shame to see it go in a world surrounded by ten thousand italian and chain-type restaurants.

This weekend my little cousin is turning 3. We were invited to her birthday party. At first my Aunt E was a little shy about asking - she figured an 8 yr old and 6 yr old wouldn't be interested in a toddler bash - but C & K just absolutely adore their little cousin and jumped at the chance to go. So that's Saturday. On Sunday it's SO's company party for the kids. They're having it at McCully's - pity about the lack of snow but I'll be honest, I'm really happy that there isn't any snow so far.

SO's company Christmas party is coming up December 9. I'm waffling about getting something new to wear or just digging something out of the closet, trying on ten different things and then going with the first thing I put on. The whole process of shopping for a new dress this time of year is a rather depressing one - the stuff I'd really love to wear is usually made for people size zero and under, or will cost me about half a mortgage payment. I could just say toss it and sew my own. Don't think I'm not tempted! I'm just such a novice at the sewing thing I'm scared to fuck it all up royally and be left with a mess of cloth that may or may not resemble something that can be worn.

Ok I need a cappucino or something. Blar blar blar.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.